David E. Kirk
- University of Virginia, B.A. 2008, with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Law School, J.D. 2015, magna cum laude, (Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Business Law Review)
Honorable Andre G. Bouchard, Delaware Court of Chancery, 2015 – 2016
David E. Kirk
David E. Kirk is an associate in Wachtell Lipton’s Litigation Department.
David received a B.A. with distinction from the University of Virginia in 2008, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 2015, where he served as editor-in-chief of the Harvard Business Law Review. Before attending law school, David worked in banking in the United States and the Netherlands. He is a CFA charterholder.
Following law school, David served as a law clerk to the Honorable Andre G. Bouchard of the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- SEC Halts Cryptoasset “Staking-As-A-Service” Program Amidst Tightening Regulatory Enforcement Environment,
in NYU Law School’s Blog on Compliance and Enforcement, February 28, 2023.
- Cryptoassets and the SEC's Mandate,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, October 19, 2022.
- Enhancing Cryptoasset Industry Regulation Using Existing Tools,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, August 23, 2022.
- Recent Developments Highlight Fundamental Legal Considerations for DAOs,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, July 12, 2022.
- Emerging Issues in Decentralized Governance and the Lessons of Corporate Governance,
in Harvard Law School Forum in Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, June 4, 2022, Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, June 6, 2022 and Insights: The Corporate & Securities Law Advisor, Volume 36 Number 8 (August 2022).