Erica E. Bonnett
Erica E. Bonnett is a partner in the Executive Compensation and Benefits Department at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.
Her practice focuses on the executive compensation and benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs, divestitures, and other corporate transactions. She also regularly advises companies on governance matters, securities laws, and compensation disclosure and assists companies and executives on executive employment agreements and other compensation arrangements.
Selected representations in merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions include:
- United Technologies Corporation in its merger of equals with Raytheon Company, its acquisition of Rockwell Collins, its sale of Taylor Company to The Middleby Corporation, and its sale of its Sikorsky Aircraft business to Lockheed Martin
- TD Ameritrade’s Strategic Development Committee in the merger of TD Ameritrade with Charles Schwab
- eBay in its sale of StubHub to viagogo and in the transfer of its Classifieds business to Adevinta
- Celgene in its acquisition by Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Assurance IQ in its sale to Prudential Financial
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise in its acquisition of Cray, its acquisition of Nimble Storage, and the spinoff and merger of its noncore software assets with Micro Focus International
- Cigna in its acquisition of Express Scripts
- Thomson Reuters in the sale of a majority stake in its Financial and Risk business to private equity funds managed by Blackstone
- C.R. Bard in its acquisition by Becton, Dickinson
- Bausch Health in its acquisition of certain assets of Synergy Pharmaceuticals
- Convergys in its acquisition by SYNNEX Corporation
- Frutarom Industries in its acquisition by International Flavors & Fragrances
- Financial Engines in its acquisition by Hellman & Friedman
- Searchlight Capital Partners in the acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation by affiliates of funds advised by Searchlight
- Triumph Bancorp in various transactions, including its acquisitions of First Bancorp of Durango and Southern Colorado Corp.
- Prysmian Group in its acquisition of General Cable Corporation
- Analog Devices in its acquisition of Linear Technology
- PrivateBancorp in its acquisition by CIBC
- Annaly Capital Management in its acquisition of Hatteras Financial
- Joy Global in its acquisition by Komatsu Ltd.
- City National Corporation in its acquisition by Royal Bank of Canada
- CareFusion in its acquisition by Becton, Dickinson
Representations in spinoff transactions include:
- United Technologies Corporation in its separation into three public companies
- Arconic Corporation in its separation into two public companies
- Hewlett-Packard Company in its separation into two public companies
- Alcoa Inc. in its separation into two public companies
- Agilent Technologies in its separation into two public companies
Ms. Bonnett received a J.D. degree, summa cum laude, from New York Law School in 2010, where she was a member of the New York Law School Law Review and a recipient of the Trustees Prize for the Highest Cumulative Grade Point Average, and a B.A. degree, summa cum laude, from New York University in 2007. Ms. Bonnett was named a Rising Star by Law360 for 2020.
Ms. Bonnett is a member of the Bar in New York.
- The New SEC Regulation S-K Rules: Practical Advice for Companies,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, October 14, 2020.
- Compensation Committee Guide - 2020,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, March 19, 2020.
- Compensation Season 2020,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 23, 2020.
- Frequently Overlooked Disclosure Items in Annual Proxy Statements,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, February 28, 2019.
- 2018 Proxy Season: Five Ways to Improve Your Compensation Disclosure,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, November 25, 2017.