Oliver J. Board
Oliver Board is counsel in the Corporate Department of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities law matters and corporate governance. His practice has included a wide range of matters, including public and private acquisitions and divestitures, domestic and international transactions, spin-offs, joint venture transactions and private equity transactions. He has also advised companies on takeover defenses, proxy contests and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Board received a BA and MA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics and an MPhil and DPhil in Economics from the University of Oxford. He completed his JD from New York University School of Law in 2012, where he was a Furman Scholar, a Butler Scholar and a Lederman/Milbank Fellow in law and economics and received the Benjamin F. Butler Memorial Award.
Mr. Board’s recent representations include:
- BayBoston Managers, together with a consortium of investors, in its acquisition of Caribbean Financial Group Holdings
- Celgene in its $93.5 billion acquisition by Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cengage Learning in its merger of equals with McGraw-Hill Education
- Convergys in its $2.8 billion acquisition by SYNNEX
- Danone S.A. in its $12.5 billion acquisition of The WhiteWave Foods Company
- Edgewell Personal Care in its $122.5 million sale of its infant and pet care business to Le Holding Angelcare Inc
- eNett in its $1.7 billion acquisition by WEX, from parent company Travelport
- FMC in its acquisition of DuPont’s Crop Protection business in exchange for FMC’s Health and Nutrition business and $1.2 billion in cash
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management in the merger of Goldman Sachs BDC and Goldman Sachs Middle Market Lending
- Kellogg in its $1.3 billion sale of its cookies, fruit and fruit-flavored snacks, pie crusts and ice cream cones businesses to Ferrero International S.A.
- Medivation in its $14.6 billion acquisition by Pfizer
- Taubman in a $7.1 billion merger and a joint venture with Simon Property Group
- Whole Foods Market in its $13.7 billion acquisition by Amazon.com
- WH Smith plc in its $198 million acquisition of InMotion Entertainment Holdings
- XO Group in its $933 million merger with WeddingWire
Mr. Board is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Lessons from the Future - The First Contested Virtual Meeting,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, May 9, 2020.
- 2013 Private Equity Year in Review,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 6, 2014.
- Expert Testimony in BV Cases Should Be the Exception, Not the Rule,
in The Value Examiner May/June 2013.