Brandon C. Price
Brandon C. Price is a partner in the Corporate Department at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. His practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital-raising transactions, takeover defense and other corporate and securities law matters, with a concentration on banks and other financial services companies.
Recent transactions include:
- DBO Partners in its pending sale to Piper Sandler Companies
- Westrock Coffee in its $1.086 billion business combination with Riverview Acquisition Corp. to become a public company and its $405 million acquisition of S&D Coffee
- CMC Materials in its $6.5 billion sale to Entegris, its $1.6 billion acquisition of KMG Chemicals and its acquisition of International Test Solutions
- Capital One Financial Corporation in numerous transactions, including its investment in Hopper, several credit card programs and acquisitions and sales of credit card portfolios, the sale of its $17 billion mortgage portfolio, the sale of its brokerage business, the sale of its robo-advising business, its $9 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s US Healthcare Finance business, its acquisition of HSBC’s U.S. $30 billion credit card business, its $9 billion acquisition of the U.S. operations of ING Direct Bank and its acquisition of Chevy Chase Bank
- CardWorks in minority investments from private equity funds and in its terminated $2.65 billion sale to Ally Financial
- Bank of Hawaii in its preferred stock offering
- Cathay General Bancorp in its acquisition of HSBC’s West Coast branches, its acquisition of Far East National Bank and its acquisition of Asia Bancshares
- Independent Bank Corp. in its $1.15 billion all stock acquisition of Meridian Bancorp
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in its $550 million acquisition of Mesa Biotech and its terminated $12.5 billion acquisition of Qiagen NV
- BankUnited in its subordinated notes offering
- United Community in its $473 million strategic merger with First Defiance
- Sandler O’Neill in its merger with Piper Jaffray
- Pfizer in its $11.4 billion acquisition of Array Biopharma
- Revolution Plastics in its sale to Arsenal Capital Partners
- Fidelity Southern Corporation in its $751 million merger with Ameris Bancorp
- NextEra Energy in its $6.5 billion acquisition of Gulf Power Company, Florida City Gas and the Stanton and Oleander Power Projects from The Southern Company
- First Evanston Bancorp in its sale to Byline Bancorp
- Wells Fargo & Company in the sale of its Shareowner Services business to Equiniti Group
- CIT Group in the $10 billion sale of its aircraft leasing business to Avolon Holdings, the sale of its aircraft leasing joint ventures to Tokyo Century and its $3.4 billion acquisition of OneWest Bank
- Itaú Unibanco in its acquisition of Citigroup’s Brazilian consumer banking business and in the merger of Itaú’s Chilean and Colombian operations with CorpBanca
Mr. Price received a B.S. in business administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2003 with highest honors and highest distinction and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. He received a J.D. in 2006 magna cum laude from the New York University School of Law, where he was an articles editor of the New York University Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif and a Pomeroy Scholar.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - Significant Activity in All Sectors as Financial Institutions Innovate and Evolve,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, October 12, 2016.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - The M&A Landscape: Financial Institutions Rediscovering Themselves Amid Continued Regulatory Change, Intensifying Investor Activism and Technological Disruption,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 29, 2015.
- SEC Adopts Long Awaited Rules for Asset-Backed Securities,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, September 22, 2014.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - Key Trends in Financial Institutions M&A and Governance,
in Bank and Corporate Governance Law Reporter Volume 52 Number 1, March 2014.
- Time to Retire Trust Preferred Securities,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, July 4, 2012.
- Financial Institutions Engage in Creative TruPS Capital Restructurings,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 26, 2012.