Brandon C. Price
Brandon C. Price is a partner in the Corporate Department at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. His practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital-raising transactions, takeover defense and other corporate and securities law matters, with a concentration on banks and other financial services companies.
Recent transactions include:
- Greenhill in its pending $550 million sale to Mizuho
- United Community Banks in its pending acquisition of First Miami Bancorp
- DBO Partners in its sale to Piper Sandler Companies
- Westrock Coffee in its $1.1 billion business combination with Riverview Acquisition Corp. to become a public company and its $405 million acquisition of S&D Coffee
- CMC Materials in its $6.5 billion sale to Entegris, its $1.6 billion acquisition of KMG Chemicals and its acquisition of International Test Solutions
- Capital One Financial Corporation in numerous transactions, including its acquisition of Velocity Mobile Limited, investment in Hopper, several credit card programs and acquisitions and sales of credit card portfolios, the sale of its $17 billion mortgage portfolio, the sale of its brokerage business, the sale of its robo-advising business, its $9 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s US Healthcare Finance business, its acquisition of HSBC’s U.S. $30 billion credit card business, its $9 billion acquisition of the U.S. operations of ING Direct Bank and its acquisition of Chevy Chase Bank
- CardWorks in minority investments from private equity funds and in its terminated $2.65 billion sale to Ally Financial
- Bank of Hawaii in its preferred stock offering
- Cathay General Bancorp in its acquisition of HSBC’s West Coast branches, its acquisition of Far East National Bank and its acquisition of Asia Bancshares
- Independent Bank Corp. in its $1.15 billion all stock acquisition of Meridian Bancorp
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in its $550 million acquisition of Mesa Biotech and its terminated $12.5 billion acquisition of Qiagen NV
- BankUnited in its subordinated notes offering
- United Community in its $473 million strategic merger with First Defiance
- Sandler O’Neill in its merger with Piper Jaffray
- Pfizer in its $11.4 billion acquisition of Array Biopharma
- Revolution Plastics in its sale to Arsenal Capital Partners
- Fidelity Southern Corporation in its $751 million merger with Ameris Bancorp
- NextEra Energy in its $6.5 billion acquisition of Gulf Power Company, Florida City Gas and the Stanton and Oleander Power Projects from The Southern Company
- First Evanston Bancorp in its sale to Byline Bancorp
- Wells Fargo & Company in the sale of its Shareowner Services business to Equiniti Group
- CIT Group in the $10 billion sale of its aircraft leasing business to Avolon Holdings, the sale of its aircraft leasing joint ventures to Tokyo Century and its $3.4 billion acquisition of OneWest Bank
- Itaú Unibanco in its acquisition of Citigroup’s Brazilian consumer banking business and in the merger of Itaú’s Chilean and Colombian operations with CorpBanca
Mr. Price received a B.S. in business administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2003 with highest honors and highest distinction and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. He received a J.D. in 2006 magna cum laude from the New York University School of Law, where he was an articles editor of the New York University Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif and a Pomeroy Scholar.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - Significant Activity in All Sectors as Financial Institutions Innovate and Evolve,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, October 12, 2016.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - The M&A Landscape: Financial Institutions Rediscovering Themselves Amid Continued Regulatory Change, Intensifying Investor Activism and Technological Disruption,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 29, 2015.
- SEC Adopts Long Awaited Rules for Asset-Backed Securities,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, September 22, 2014.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - Key Trends in Financial Institutions M&A and Governance,
in Bank and Corporate Governance Law Reporter Volume 52 Number 1, March 2014.
- Time to Retire Trust Preferred Securities,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, July 4, 2012.
- Financial Institutions Engage in Creative TruPS Capital Restructurings,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 26, 2012.