Brandon C. Price
Brandon C. Price is a partner in the Corporate Department at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. His practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital-raising transactions, takeover defense and other corporate and securities law matters, with a concentration on banks and other financial services companies.
Recent transactions include:
- Sandler O’Neill in its pending merger with Piper Jaffray
- Pfizer in its pending $11.4 billion acquisition of Array Biopharma
- Revolution Plastics in its sale to Arsenal Capital Partners
- Fidelity Southern Corporation in its $751 million merger with Ameris Bancorp
- Cabot Microelectronics Corporation in its $1.6 billion acquisition of KMG Chemicals, Inc.
- NextEra Energy in its $6.5 billion acquisition of Gulf Power Company, Florida City Gas and the Stanton and Oleander Power Projects from The Southern Company
- Capital One Financial Corporation in numerous transactions, including its entry into a credit card program with Walmart, the sale of its $17 billion mortgage portfolio, the sale of its brokerage business, its acquisition of the Cabela’s credit card business, its $9 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s US Healthcare Finance business, its sale of the Best Buy credit card portfolio, its acquisition of HSBC’s U.S. $30 billion credit card business, its $9 billion acquisition of the U.S. operations of ING Direct Bank and its acquisition of Chevy Chase Bank
- First Evanston Bancorp in its sale to Byline Bancorp
- Wells Fargo & Company in the sale of its Shareowner Services business to Equiniti Group
- CIT Group in the $10 billion sale of its aircraft leasing business to Avolon Holdings, the sale of its aircraft leasing joint ventures to Tokyo Century and its $3.4 billion acquisition of OneWest Bank
- Cathay General Bancorp in its acquisition of Far East National Bank and its acquisition of Asia Bancshares
- Itaú Unibanco in its acquisition of Citigroup’s Brazilian consumer banking business and in the merger of Itaú’s Chilean and Colombian operations with CorpBanca
- Arlington Asset Investment in its successful defense to the control-slate proxy contest by Imation Corp. and Clinton Group
- Cloud9 Technologies in its Series A funding round
- National Penn in its $1.8 billion merger with BB&T
- Atlas Pipeline Partners and Atlas Energy in their $7.7 billion sale to Targa Resources Partners and Targa Resources Corp and the spin-off of Atlas Energy’s non-midstream business
- Dollar Tree in its $9.2 billion acquisition of Family Dollar, its divestiture of 330 Family Dollar stores to Sycamore Partners, and various financing transactions
- Vantiv in its $1.65 billion acquisition of Mercury Payment Systems
- Reverence Capital Partners in its investment in Victory Capital Holdings in connection with the acquisition of Munder Capital Management
- Bank of America in numerous transactions, including the sale of Balboa Insurance, sale of First Republic Bank and sale of various mortgage-related businesses
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Edgewood Partners Insurance Center
- Sallie Mae in the sale of its Upromise Investments business to Ascensus
- Umpqua in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Sterling Financial and its divestiture of certain Sterling branches to Banner Bank
- Knight Capital in its $1.8 billion sale to GETCO and its $400 million preferred stock investment from several investors
Mr. Price received a B.S. in business administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2003 with highest honors and highest distinction and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. He received a J.D. in 2006 magna cum laude from the New York University School of Law, where he was an articles editor of the New York University Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif and a Pomeroy Scholar.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - Significant Activity in All Sectors as Financial Institutions Innovate and Evolve,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, October 12, 2016.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - The M&A Landscape: Financial Institutions Rediscovering Themselves Amid Continued Regulatory Change, Intensifying Investor Activism and Technological Disruption,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 29, 2015.
- SEC Adopts Long Awaited Rules for Asset-Backed Securities,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, September 22, 2014.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENTS - Key Trends in Financial Institutions M&A and Governance,
in Bank and Corporate Governance Law Reporter Volume 52 Number 1, March 2014.
- Time to Retire Trust Preferred Securities,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, July 4, 2012.
- Financial Institutions Engage in Creative TruPS Capital Restructurings,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 26, 2012.