Eric M. Rosof
Eric M. Rosof is a partner at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, where he leads the acquisition finance practice. Mr. Rosof advises on financing for corporate transactions of all types, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, spinoffs, joint ventures, restructurings, refinancings and recapitalizations. Recent financing transactions have included investment grade and high yield bank facilities, bond and hybrid offerings, bridge facilities, tender offers, exchange offers and consent solicitations. Mr. Rosof also represents buyers, sellers, investors, creditors and debtors in distressed acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings. Mr. Rosof writes and speaks frequently on acquisition financing and restructuring topics.
Recent transactions include representing:
- Verizon in its $130 billion acquisition of Vodafone’s 45% interest in Verizon Wireless
- Monsanto in its $63 billion sale to Bayer
- Deutsche Telekom/T-Mobile in its pending $59 billion acquisition of Sprint
- Analog Devices in its $14.8 billion acquisition of Linear Technology
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals in its $8.4 billion acquisition of Synageva
- Abbott Laboratories in its $25 billion acquisition of St. Jude Medical
- United Technologies in its pending $30 billion acquisition of Rockwell Collins
- STERIS in its $1.9 billion acquisition of Synergy Health
- CenturyLink in its $24 billion acquisition of Level 3
- Dollar Tree in its $8.5 billion acquisition of Family Dollar
Mr. Rosof received his B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1982 and his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1997, where he was a senior editor and special issue chair of the Columbia Law Review. Following law school, Mr. Rosof served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert W. Sweet of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Mr. Rosof is admitted to practice in New York.
Mr. Rosof is a member of the Board of Directors of Her Justice, an organization that provides free legal services to low-income women, and is an officer of the International Bar Association’s Banking Law Committee.
- Cross Border M&A - 2019 Checklist for Successful Acquisitions in the United States,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 30, 2019.
- Acquisition Financing Year in Review - From Break-Neck to Brakes-On,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, January 14, 2019.
- Acquisition Financing: A Banner Year Behind, and New Opportunities in the Year Ahead,
n Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, January 17, 2018.
- Cross-Border M&A -- 2018 Checklist for Successful Acquisitions in the United States,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, January 10, 2018.
- Corporate Bankruptcy and Restructuring 2016/2017,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Financial Markets, January 20, 2017.
- Acquisition Financing: the Year Behind and the Year Ahead,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, January 18, 2017.
- Dealmaking in a Distressed Environment,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, April 17, 2013.
- Leveraged Acquisitions: A New Post-Credit Crisis Structure,
in Deal Lawyers, July/August 2010.