United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2010 – 2011
Elina Tetelbaum is a Corporate Partner at Wachtell Lipton.
Ms. Tetelbaum has advised both public and private companies in a wide range of industries in connection with mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions. Ms. Tetelbaum has also advised with respect to proxy contests, takeover defense strategies and other corporate governance matters. Recent transactions include:
- Allergan in its $83 billion acquisition by AbbVie
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in the $11.6 billion secondary offering and repurchase of its stock held by Sanofi
- PDC Energy in its successful response to a proxy fight led by Kimmeridge Energy Management and in its $1.7 billion acquisition of SRC Energy
- Dorian LPG in its response to the $1.1 billion unsolicited proposal for all its outstanding common shares and associated proxy contest by BW LPG
- Envision Healthcare in its $9.9 billion sale to KKR
- Siris Capital Group in its $977 million share purchase of Intralinks
- AbbVie in its $21 billion acquisition of Pharmacyclics
- Forest Laboratories, Inc. in its $28 billion acquisition by Actavis plc.
- Perrigo Company plc in its $2.85 billion sale of its rights in the royalty stream of Tysabri® to an affiliate of Royalty Pharma
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International in its $1.3 billion sale of its CeraVe, Ambi and Acne Free brands and related assets to L’Oréal USA
- Expedia in the initial public offering of its subsidiary, trivago N.V.
- Match.Com, Inc. in its $575 million purchase of Plentyoffish Media Inc.
- Constellium N.V. in its $383 million initial public offering
- Vulcan Materials Company in its response to the $4.7 billion unsolicited offer for all its outstanding common shares and associated proxy contest by Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
Ms. Tetelbaum received an A.B. magna cum laude in Economics from Harvard University, as a John Harvard Scholar and was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Tetelbaum completed a J.D. from Yale Law School, where she was a Paul & Daisy Soros Fellow and served as editor-in-chief of the Yale Journal on Regulation and editor of the Yale Law Journal. After law school, Ms. Tetelbaum served as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Ms. Tetelbaum is a member of the board of directors of the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association. Previously, she served as secretary to the Corporation Law Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- DOL Proposes Rules Clarifying When ERISA Fiduciaries Need to Vote Proxies,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, September 9, 2020.
- ISS and Glass Lewis: SEC Adopts Proxy Advisory Reform – Initial Perspectives and Implications,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, August 8, 2020.
- Using ESG Tools to Help Combat Systemic Racism and Injustice,
- Use of Special Committees in Conflict Transactions,
in The M&A Journal, Volume 19 Number 8, August 2019.
- SEC Provides Updated Guidance on Excludability of Rule 14a-8 Shareholder Proposals, Eschewing One-Size-Fits-All,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, October 19, 2019.
- SEC Provides New Guidance on Institutional Investors’ Proxy Voting Responsibilities and Use of Proxy Advisory Firms,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, August 22, 2019.
- 2018 Private Equity Year In Review,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 17, 2019.