Herbert M. Wachtell
Herbert M. Wachtell is a founding partner of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.
Editor, New York University Law Review, 1953-1954. Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York, 1955-1957. Author: “New York Practice Under the CPLR,” First Edition, 1963, Second Edition, 1966, Third Edition, 1970, Fourth Edition, 1973, Fifth Edition, 1976, Sixth Edition, 1986, Practising Law Institute.
Fellow, American Bar Foundation; Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers. Member, American Law Institute, American Bar Association, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, New York Bar Foundation.
- New York Practice Under the CPLR,
Practising Law Institute, 6th ed. (1986).
- New York Court of Appeals Highlights Limits on Extraterritorial Reach of State Law,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, May 1, 2012.
- New York’s Highest Court Rules Common-law Claims are Not Preempted by Martin Act,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 13, 2012.
- Delaware Protects Attorney-Client Privilege for Investment Banker Communications,
in Deal Lawyers, July/August 2010.
- Federal District Court Dismisses Madoff-Related Class Action as Preempted by Federal and New York State Statutes,
in The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, March 24, 2010.