Joshua R. Cammaker
Joshua R. Cammaker is a corporate partner at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, concentrating on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and securities law matters. Mr. Cammaker has been involved in many major domestic and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, takeover defenses, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
Josh frequently speaks and writes on shareholder activism, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Recent representations include:
- United Technologies in the all-stock merger of equals of its Aerospace businesses with Raytheon Company
- United Technologies in its separation into three independent public companies
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (now renamed Capri Holdings Limited) in its €1.83 billion acquisition of Gianni Versace S.p.A. and in its in its $1.35 billion acquisition of Jimmy Choo PLC
- Hubbell in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Aclara Technologies from Sun Capital Partners
- Colgate-Palmolive Company in its acquisition of the EltaMD skin care brand and in its acquisitions of the PCA Skin brand
- Harman International Industries, Incorporated in its $8.8 billion acquisition by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Danone in its $12.5 billion acquisition of The WhiteWave Foods Company
- Lexmark International, Inc. in its $3.6 billion acquisition by a consortium led by Apex Technology Co., Ltd. and PAG Asia Capital
- United Technologies in its $9 billion sale of its Sikorsky Aircraft Business to Lockheed Martin, its $18.4 billion acquisition of Goodrich, its $1.5 billion buyout of Rolls-Royce’s joint venture interest in International Aero Engines AG and its $1.82 billion acquisition of GE Security from General Electric
- Hubbell Incorporated in the reclassification of its dual class common stock into a single class
- Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. in its $1.2 billion investment in Univision Communications and renegotiation of commercial arrangements
- ANN INC. in its $2.2 billion sale to ascena retail group, inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company in sales of various businesses
- Saks Inc. in its $2.9 billion sale to Hudson’s Bay
Josh is the former co-chair of the M&A and Joint Venture Committee of the International Section of the American Bar Association and a Member of the American Law Institute. He earned a B.A. magna cum laude from Tufts University in 1991, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and a J.D. from New York University Law School in 1994, where he was an editor of the Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Shareholder Activism in France - A Model for the U.S,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, November 11, 2019.
- Cross Border M&A - 2019 Checklist for Successful Acquisitions in the United States,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 30, 2019.
- Cross-Border M&A -- 2018 Checklist for Successful Acquisitions in the United States,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, January 10, 2018.