Joshua R. Cammaker
Joshua R. Cammaker is a corporate partner at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, concentrating on mergers and acquisitions, shareholder and stakeholder activism, corporate governance and securities laws matters. Mr. Cammaker has been involved in many major domestic and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, takeover defenses, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
Josh was named an M&A MVP by Law360 in 2019 and Dealmaker of the Year by The American Lawyer in 2017. He is also recognized as one of the 500 leading dealmakers in America by Lawdragon. He frequently speaks and writes on shareholder activism, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Recent representations include:
- United Technologies in the merger of equals transaction of its Aerospace business with Raytheon Company, forming Raytheon Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies in its separation into three independent public companies, forming Otis Worldwide Corp. and Carrier Global Corporation
- Grupo Televisa in the $4.8 billion combination of its content business with Univision Communications
- Colgate-Palmolive Company in its acquisitions of Hello Products LLC, Laboratoires Filorga Cosmetiques SAS, the EltaMD skin care brand and f the PCA Skin brand
- New York Media in its sale to Vox Media
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (now renamed Capri Holdings Limited) in its €1.83 billion acquisition of Gianni Versace S.p.A. and in its in its $1.35 billion acquisition of Jimmy Choo PLC
- Hubbell in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Aclara Technologies from Sun Capital Partners
- Harman International Industries, Incorporated in its $8.8 billion acquisition by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Danone in its $12.5 billion acquisition of The WhiteWave Foods Company
- Lexmark International, Inc. in its $3.6 billion acquisition by a consortium led by Apex Technology Co., Ltd. and PAG Asia Capital
- United Technologies in its $9 billion sale of its Sikorsky Aircraft Business to Lockheed Martin, its $18.4 billion acquisition of Goodrich, its $1.5 billion buyout of Rolls-Royce’s joint venture interest in International Aero Engines AG and its $1.82 billion acquisition of GE Security from General Electric
- Hubbell Incorporated in the reclassification of its dual class common stock into a single class
- Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. in its $1.2 billion investment in Univision Communications and renegotiation of commercial arrangements
- ANN INC. in its $2.2 billion sale to ascena retail group, inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company in its sales of various businesses
- Saks Inc. in its $2.9 billion sale to Hudson’s Bay
Josh is the former co-chair of the M&A and Joint Venture Committee of the International Section of the American Bar Association and a Member of the American Law Institute. He earned a B.A. magna cum laude from Tufts University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and a J.D. from New York University Law School, where he was an editor of the Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Shareholder Activism in France - A Model for the U.S,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, November 11, 2019.
- Cross Border M&A - 2019 Checklist for Successful Acquisitions in the United States,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, January 30, 2019.
- Cross-Border M&A -- 2018 Checklist for Successful Acquisitions in the United States,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, January 10, 2018.