Lauren M. Kofke
Lauren M. Kofke is a Partner in Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz’s litigation department, which she joined in 2006. She has represented clients in diverse industries including the financial, health care, and media sectors. Her practice includes complex corporate, commercial, transactional and securities litigation, as well as government investigative proceedings and related civil litigation.
Ms. Kofke received a B.A. magna cum laude from Columbia University in 2000 and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She completed a J.D. from Stanford Law School in 2006 and was a member of the Order of the Coif. At Stanford, Ms. Kofke was an articles editor for the Stanford Law Review, the associate managing editor for Features of the Stanford Law & Policy Review, and a member of the Supreme Court Litigation Clinic. She grew up near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- White-Collar and Regulatory Enforcement: What Mattered in 2020 and What to Expect in 2021,
in Compliance & Enforcement, a blog of NYU Law’s Program on Corporate Compliance and Enforcement, February 4, 2021.
- Workplace Wellness and Employee Mental Health – An Emerging Investor Engagement Priority,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, December 2, 2020.
- What to Say on Your Next Earnings Call in the Time of Covid-19: Providing Insights, Disclosing Scenarios and Managing Risks,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, April 23, 2020.
- Key ESG Considerations in the Crisis,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, April 21, 2020.
- ESG Disclosures and Litigation Concerns,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, April 7, 2020.
- The Long Arm of Cooperation: U.S. Enforcement Policy and Foreign Corporations,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, September 24, 2015.
- DOJ and SEC Issue Joint Resource Guide on the FCPA,
in Bank and Corporate Governance Law Reporter Volume 49 Number 1, January 2013.