Rachel B. Reisberg
Rachel B. Reisberg is a partner in Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz’s Tax Department. She focuses on the tax aspects of U.S. and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs and other dispositions, joint ventures, and financing transactions.
Among other matters, Ms. Reisberg has represented:
- IAC/InterActiveCorp in the pending separation of Match Group from its remaining businesses
- eBay in the sale of StubHub to viagogo for $4.05 billion and in the separation of eBay and PayPal into two public companies
- New York Media in its sale to Vox Media
- Broadcom in its $10.7 billion acquisition of Symantec’s Enterprise Security business
- United Technologies in its $147 billion merger of equals with Raytheon
- Publicis Groupe in its $4.4 billion acquisition of Alliance Data’s Epsilon business
- United Technologies in its pending separation into three independent public companies
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited in its €1.83 billion acquisition of Gianni Versace S.p.A.
- Whole Foods Market in its $13.7 billion acquisition by Amazon.com
- C. R. Bard in its $24 billion sale to Becton Dickinson
- FMC in its acquisition of DuPont’s Crop Protection business in exchange for FMC’s Health and Nutrition business and $1.2 billion in cash
- Regency Centers in its $15.6 billion merger with Equity One
- Cooper Industries plc in its $11.8 billion combination with Eaton Corporation
- ConocoPhillips in the $22 billion spin-off of its refining & marketing businesses, Phillips 66
Ms. Reisberg received a B.S. in accounting and a B.S. in finance, each cum laude, from the University of Maryland in 2006. Ms. Reisberg received a J.D. cum laude from Harvard Law School in 2010 where she served as executive technical editor of the Journal on Legislation.
Ms. Reisberg was named a Rising Star by Law360 for 2020, is a member of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association and past chair of the Tax Section’s Under 10 club, in addition to being a member of the New York City Bar Association and the American Bar Association.