- National Law School of India University, B.A., LL.B. 2004, with honors
- Columbia Law School, LL.M. 2007
Sumita Ahuja joined the Restructuring and Finance Department as counsel at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in 2019.
Sumita has represented lead banks and financial institutions, agents and borrowers in a wide range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions. She has a wide range of experience in syndicated transactions, direct lending transactions, secured financings, mezzanine financings, acquisition and bridge financings, refinancing facilities and other types of complex facilities.
Sumita received her B.A. and LL.B. with honors from the National Law School of India University in 2004 and completed her LL.M. from Columbia Law School in 2007, where she was a Paul Foundation Scholar.
Sumita speaks English and Hindi natively, is fluent in Bengali and also proficient in Punjabi. She is admitted to practice in the State of New York and in New Delhi, India.
- Financing Year in Review: The Tide Turns,
in The Harvard Law School Corporate Governance Forum, January 24, 2023.
- Financing Year in Review: A Robust Recovery,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, January 13, 2022.
- Financing Year in Review: From Crisis to Comeback,
in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, January 19, 2021.
- Acquisition Financing Year in Review: The Decade of Debt,
in Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets, January 17, 2020.